Key to the Map Markers
You may click on the check boxes below to show or hide the different markers on the map.
The geographical location of Lucignano, in a dominant position between Siena and Arezzo, has made it strategically important since ancient times and, over the centuries from 1200 to 1500, resulted in the continuous passages of jurisdiction between Siena, Florence, Arezzo and Perugia.
The small village of Lucignano is one of the most extraordinary examples of medieval town planning, with its elliptical concentric rings, which have remained intact over the centuries. Walking through the narrow streets, between houses of stone and brick, we reach the heart of the village: the square of the Tribunal, which is overlooked by the Town Hall, the Church of St. Francis and the Collegiata.
Castello di Potentino
Dating from the mid-11th Century, Castello di Potentino is an ancient castle built on an Etruscan site. It lies in a secret valley in one of the last undiscovered corners of Tuscany – Monte Amiata. The medieval building is surrounded by u...
Fattoria San Martino
Sitting at the end of a track surrounded by wild roses, lavender and birds, Fattoria San Martino is soft ochre-hued fattoria (farmhouse), restored with earth-tone pigments and wrapped around by an enchanting garden with a lily pond pool in ...
Il Battistero Siena
Steeped in history and impossibly well located in the epicentre of the gemlike, medieval hill town of Siena, this narrow, elegant four-storey palazzo on Piazza San Giovanni sits right by the gothic Baptistery. Local owners, Giovanni and his moth...
Built on a hilltop, steeped in history and synonymous with elegance, Cortona is a dream destination with a glorious past. The legendary de' Medici family ruled Cortona in the 15th Century and it was during this Renaissance period that&n...