Key to the Map Markers
You may click on the check boxes below to show or hide the different markers on the map.
The cathedral was built by bishop Zosimo in the 7th century over the Temple of Athena (5th century BC). This was a Doric temple with columns that still can be seen incorporated in the walls of the current church. The roof of the nave is from Norman times, as well as the mosaics in the apses. The façade was rebuilt (1725–1753) by Andrea Palma (1664–1730), with statues by Ignazio Marabitti (1719–1797). The most interesting pieces of the interior are a font with marble basin (12th–13th century), a silver statue of Santa Lucia by Pietro Rizzo (1599), a ciborium by Luigi Vanvitelli (1700–1773), and a statue of the Madonna della Neve ("Madonna of the Snow", 1512) by Antonello Gagini.
A truly quintessential boutique bed and breakfast, Lemon House is located in the hills of Rina, a hamlet on the outskirts of the town of Savoca; city of art and voted one of the most beautiful villages in Italy, Savoca is famous f...